Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ninja Assassin: Redundant title, waste of money

I won't get into a big review of this film as it would just be me wasting more time after already spending too much watching this crap!

I must admit I had high expectations going into this which can often ruin a movie. Ninja movies are rare these days, so considering the last good one I saw was American Ninja, I think it was safe.




The best part of this film was the opening scene.

- Bad guys hanging out, lots of guns at their disposal.
- A mysterious envelope filled with black sand arrives.  According to the 'wise' old man, it predicts their doom:
    "We are all dead"
- AWWWWWW YEAHHHHH, here come the ninja's!!!!! 
- Swords, Throwing Stars, disappearing in a shadow and reappearing in others
    "Whatever they're paying you, I'll double it!"
- Lots of blood and body parts... I LOVE IT!!!!

I was beginning to forget all about Gymkata




Not for long...

The rest of this movie was complete crap! 

- The action scenes that could have been fun had comera work that was a cross between The Blair Witch and The Bourne Ultimatum
- The acting was bad. Not bad enough to be good either. Ben Miles played the head of the 'Agency' that was involved (I am not exactly sure in what capacity).  For those of you that watched Coupling, you will know him as Patrick, and that is all I could think about when he was on screen




Anyway, I've put in too much effort already. 

Speaking of effort, is it so hard to write a decent Ninja movie!??!?!


-k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to add? Things I should watch or may have missed? Let me know!