Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mmmmmmmm... This post is making me hungry!

I recently got this sent to me, and thought I would pass it on

More good news/bad news. The good news is that AMC movie theatres in California have started posting calorie counts for their snacks and drinks right on the menu boards! The bad news? The numbers are kind of frightening. Even a SMALL popcorn WITHOUT added butter has 434 calories. A simple hot dog? 629 calories. A box of candy? Anywhere between 340 and 1,140 calories. ACK! And heaven forbid you should order nachos and a large regular soda -- that combo adds up to nearly 2,000 calories! And you thought Paranormal Activity was scary...
As a comparison:

Big Mac has about 570 kcal

And the KFC Double Down Sandwhich?  I think if you eat one of these, you're not so worried about counting calories!






For healthier options, you could always bring one of these:
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/


*drool* 

For other cooking ideas, check out one of my favourite sites here...




-k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to add? Things I should watch or may have missed? Let me know!