Friday, November 13, 2009

I'd Rather Have Stared at Goats Myself!

I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats last night, and let me spare you the time and money and warn you:

Don't Bother...

What a steaming pile of poo!  The funniest part was the opening line and it was all down hill from there.  Not even an amazing cast (Batman, The Dude, Lex Luthor, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the T-1000) could save this crappy and uneven script. 

If you have already seen it, or plan to illegally download it, some questions and comments I have (warning: spoilers):
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Ohhhhh my sides from all the Jedi jokes in front of Ewan McGregor...
  • Are people being tortured by playing the Barney song over and over considered "psychic" powers at work?
  • If the first time drugs are slipped to a soldier, he shoots people and then kills himself, do you really think it's wise to repeat the 'trick' on a larger scale?  Ohhhhh, what shinanigans!
  • what is the relevance of killing a goat after staring at it for several minutes?  Assasinations I assume, but if you are able to get within 3 feet and keep eye contact, it's probably easier to just pull a gun
  • When Clooney gets to the camp in Iraq, Kevin Spacey asks him how he found them.  When he answers that he used his Psychic ability, Spacey says that he spoke with "Alex" and that he mentioned how he saw him and told him where they were.  This makes me wonder:
    • Why did he ask if he already knew?
    • Is he trying to say that there are no such thing as these Psychic abilities that we spent the last 90 minutes watching?
The bigeest questions is: Why am I wasting my time trying to make sense of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to add? Things I should watch or may have missed? Let me know!