Thursday, December 17, 2009

A little R&R

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans

I've written about the brilliance of Werner Herzog before, and stand by it. That being said (Thank you Larry David!), this film may scare you off from watching any of his others (PLEASE don't let that happen!)

Without getting too into it, the movie is about a cops descent in a Post Katrina New Orleans.  I won't ruin any of the 'plot', but understand going in that it doesn't have a typical narrative, and there are parts that you will wonder what kind of drugs Nick Cage was really on (not to mention the director).  You will however see some amazing performances (imagine NC in Leaving Las Vegas as apposed to National Treasure), as well as some great locations in New Orleans that will appreciate what life is really like there.

I thought this movie was great, but I can see how people feel otherwise.

You've been warned about this recommendation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to add? Things I should watch or may have missed? Let me know!