Thursday, January 14, 2010

Link me to FIGHTLINKER!

Friends of mine run the biggest funniest (see comments!) MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) site out there called Fightlinker, and I'm hoping they'll link me to their site (and maybe I'll add an 11th reader!)

A couple of things I'll have to do to accomplish such a feat:

1) Sign up for their site (and urge others to as well).  I told my friend that I hadn't already because I didn't want their spam, and he let me in on a little secret... Even if they wanted to, they don't have the capabilities.  I'll still use my 'junk mail address' just in case!

2) Write a review of something MMA related, and here it is:


Flash Point
I saw this film at the Toronto Film Festival a couple of years ago and will never forget it.  It is easily one of the best Martial Arts films out there, and I recommend it to anyone who is even remotely a fan of the Genre.

The Director (Wilson Yip) is one of the most renowned martial arts directors in the world. His previous movie, S.P.L., was loved by fans when it came to the festival 2 years earlier, and made this film highly anticipated. 

When the director came out to introduce the film, he told the audience that he took a year off to "analyze new methods of fighting and how real fighting would blend with film stylized martial arts."  He went on to talk about how he carefully studied MMA fighting and took the next 6 months to make his onscreen fights look this real.

The results are obvious.  This is not a sparring match with sound effects.  These fights look real (by that I mean, look like real fights which is rare)

I won't attempt to describe the action any further as I won't do it justice, so take my advice.  If you're a fan of Martial Arts or MMA, or other movies I recommend, watch this movie! (or buy it since you will want to watch it again!)





BTW, you have noticed that i didn't mention the plot. The reason is, I don't remember, and that fact shouldn't take away from this film!


Okay, so now I'm signed up with fightlinker and they better hook me up!

If you found this blog through their site, leave a message, and I'll pay for half of one of these sweet fightlinker T-Shirts for you....


-k

10 comments:

  1. I found you through FL! No need for a shirt though.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, i found you through fightlinker too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww....that sucks, I found you when mom brought you home from the hospital, not through fightlinker. Will you still buy me half a shirt? lol!!! I HAVE A FAMOUS BROTHER (no not Michael!!)lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found you through FL and would love for you to pay for half a shirt :). drop me an email @ greenseedbc@gmail.com or a message on FL with info on the black market exchange. THX

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont think you can go as far as saying FL is the biggest MMA site out there though ;). funniest? YUS! biggest? No.

    but now i'm just being a nitpick so i'll stfu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Fightlinkers (and Linkerettes!)for checking out my blog (and I hope you enjoyed it!)

    Greenseed, I spoke to the guys over at FL and they will set it up for you to get a T at half price. When they figure out how, one of them (or I) will email you. Btw, blog corrected for your comment, thanks for the info!

    Sel, if you want a shirt, consider it an early bday present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great once again Sel gets everything... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hook you up as well Melissa! Do you want the "Ultimate Drinker" shirt, or "Just Bleed" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm they are both appealing.......You can choose :).....after spending the last week with Stan and Jocelyn I have earned the "Ultimate Drinker" one....Greenseed didn't even join your site as a follower...selina has her facebook status with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Sels status: Selina Landau If you want a daily laugh, follow my brothers blog...I don't know where he finds this stuff, but hilarious and informative and great reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have anything to add? Things I should watch or may have missed? Let me know!